Youth Parliament 2019
Thanks for your interest in Youth Parliament 2019 to represent me, Sarah Dowie, Member of Parliament for Invercargill, at the Youth Parliament in Wellington on 16 and 17 July 2019.
This triennial programme gives young people the opportunity to understand and be a part of the Parliamentary process and connect with their communities. It will be a significant opportunity for 120 young New Zealanders to gather the views of their peers and bring young peoples’ voice to Parliament.
Every Member of Parliament will select a Youth MP to represent their community. I’m looking for a young person who is:
- aged 16 – 18 years old (inclusive) on 19 October 2018
- active in their community
- able to attend Youth Parliament on 16 and 17 July 2019 and commit to the Youth MP tenure, from 1 March to 31 August 2019 (training will be offered at the beginning of this tenure)
- passionate about youth issues, politics and / or social change
- able to seek the views, opinions and ideas of their peers and represent them at the two-day Youth Parliament 2019 event
- prepared to work within the protocols and behavioural expectations of Youth Parliament 2019.
- And finally is passionate about Southland!
I’m asking interested students to submit a video (up to two minutes) on Facebook (tag in @sarahdowiemp) about themselves, why they would be a great Youth MP and also highlighting what they think are three issues effecting youth in Southland.
Videos are able to be submitted until Thursday 11 October 2018. I will announce my Youth MP on Monday 15 October 2018.
If you have any questions about the selection process or Youth Parliament, please contact my office on 03 218 6813 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing your videos